Wednesday, April 25, 2012

His amazing LOVE 4-25-12

Okay, here are some bible animal facts for you:

The sheep is the most frequently mentioned animal in the bible, and the only domesticated animal not mentioned in the bible is the cat. Which in my personal opinion is AWESOME, cats creep me out. Sorry all you cat lovers out there…they do.

 If I were to ask someone on the street to quote me a scripture, the most popular verse that everyone seems to know is John 3:16….
“For God so loved the world, they He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.”
I think many people memorize this scripture, but not many people KNOW what this scripture means.                                                                                                                                             

One of my FAVORITE songs to listen to is…”How He Loves Us”. I love listening to Kim Walkers version. SOO GOOD. ( if you have never heard this song, find it, download it, and listen to it)



We are his portion and he is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes
If grace is an ocean we’re all sinking
So, heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way

He loves us
Oh how he loves us
Oh how he loves us
Oh how he loves

Yeah, he loves us
Oh how he loves us
Oh how he loves us
Oh how he loves

Say this to yourself, “God sent His only Son into this world, who LOVED me and GAVE Himself for ME!”

Do you know what Jesus went through for us?
He was mocked, beaten and bruised.
Isaiah 52:14 says ,”Just as there were many who were appalled at Him-His appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being and his form marred beyond human likeness.”
 Marred in the dictionary means to disfigure, deface, or scar.

Isaiah 53:7 says, “He was oppressed and afflicted, yet He did not open His mouth; He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open His mouth.”
-Oppression means to weigh down, to lie heavily upon( the mind), and Afflicted means to distress with mental pain, trouble greatly or grievously.

Can you imagine going through not only the physical pain, but the mental anguish that He had…and He kept silent, he didn’t open His mouth. Wow, thank you Jesus.
As a mother of two, I can’t even think for one second how I would feel watching my babies get hurt. Just watching them fall on the ground and scrape their little knees hurts my heart.

Can you imagine what the Father was going through, looking down and seeing his Son being crucified. Yet the bible says that, “It was the Lords will to crush Him and cause Him to suffer.” Isaiah 53:10
God Loved ME so much that He gave His only Son….WOW…

Don’t you know that you are HIS FAVORITE??!!
Galatians 2 :19 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”

This is a good verse to write down and put it somewhere where you can always see it.


My heart gets so sad when I think of all the young people out there that don’t fully understand the knowledge of God’s love. If they could only see just how much He does, their entire world would change. You need to grasp this. You need to know the love of God, you need to know what He did for you, so that you can go out and tell your friends, family, class mates. Let His love shine through you so you can be a witness!
Here is my last scripture for you that happens to be one of my favorites:
"I am convinced that nothing can EVER serparate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries for tomorrow- not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love." Romans 8:38


Be BLESSED!

-Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Another great word Jess. Keep them coming. You are going to be a great blessing to our youth.

    ReplyDelete