Sunday, April 8, 2012


AWAKENING”   

When my Pastor asked me to start a blog for Youth, my first thought was,  "EEEKKKK, it’s intimidating for people to read my stuff ". Then I thought about it and was like, "AWESOME, what a great way to dig a little deeper in the Word and not only help others, but myself as well".

 I have been listening to this song that Chris Tomlin sings called “Awakening”. Some of the lyrics go like this…

In our hearts, Lord, in this nation
Awakening
Holy Spirit, we desire
Awakening

For You and You alone
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
For the world You love
Your will be done, let Your will be done in me

In Your presence, in Your power
Awakening
For this moment, for this hour
Awakening

I believe now more than ever that this generation needs an AWAKENING of the Holy Spirit. There is so much JUNK in the world, and it makes being "young" hard work if you are not established in your walk with Jesus. Everywhere you turn, from movies to music, to school and the internet, there are so many temptations. We need the Youth of today to make a stand, to say “We will not compromise our Christianity for anything or anybody”.

Your goal in life should be to KNOW the Lord, above everything and anyone else. Ask the Lord to “awaken” in you the desire to do this. Get yourself stirred up and on fire for the Lord. In order to do this you need open up those bibles and READ, READ, READ!  It has to be a daily thing. You have to be the one to make the decision and just do it. It might mean that you have to skip hanging with your friends, texting, or wait, here it comes…. FACEBOOKING! Ouch, I said it. Some people might say, “but reading the bible is soooooo BORING”. I can promise you that if you ask the Holy Spirit to give you a revelation (an understanding) of what you are reading, then He will. You will actually feel your soul being awakend. It’s the most amazing feeling in the world.

I love how Colossians 3:16 talks about letting the Word of Christ dwell in you, to influence you. You need to read what Jesus says about you so it comes ALIVE inside of you. The Word is life to you, and the bible even talks about it being medicine to your body. I don’t know about you but I would rather take a dose of bible then cough medicine ANY day!!! J

My prayer is that this generation of young people will experience the greatest “Spiritual Awakening” this world has ever seen. That it breaks out in your schools, in your homes and your families. That your cry will be Oh God, Awake My Soul!!!!!!!

BE BLESSED!

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment