Monday, May 21, 2012

Are You Ready?


The Lord showed me something the other day that I posted on my Facebook page and I felt like I should share it on my blog.  

Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ He promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with His promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 2 Peter 3:3, 4:8-14

Are you ready?

There are many out there that THINK they are living godly, but are not. Remember those bracelets.... WWJD.. What Would Jesus Do?? Do they still even make those?? I used to have like 50 of them.

What would Jesus do? Would he act a certain way one day and the next go out partying, cursing, and treating others badly? I think everyone should wear those around to keep them accountable..:) Would Jesus watch that movie, say those things, lie, etc.....!

The Lord has really been teaching me to live HOLY. It's not easy. It’s a choice that everyone has to make, all day, every day. It's a choice to bust out those bibles and read daily. He wants to get with us one on one and have a relationship with Him. I can honestly say He is my BEST FRIEND. I can tell Him anything, and I know He listens and hears me. That He always has my back.

You know what is one of the most bestselling books out there right now? It’s those “How to books”…….

Here are some ACTUAL books that I looked up that people ACTUALLY buy….

How to Fossilize your Hamster*How to survive a Robot Uprising* How to survive a Garden Gnome Attack* How to Knit with Dog Hair….these seriously made me LOL! These are FOR REAL!!!!!!  People are buying these!

How to become a Schizophrenic*How to become a Wicked Witch* How to say Goodbye to Depression…

Isn’t that sad that people are so lost they need these books. You know what? God made a “How to Book” long before man ever did. It’s a book of HOPE and PEACE.  A book that can set you free in every aspect of your life. The Bible is the best “How to Book” you can ever get your hands on. It teaches you how to have a life of joy, free from depression, temptations, and to have an EVERLASTING LIFE! How to treat others and love them.

Personally, I am working on loving others more like Christ did. Honestly, some people just get ON MY NERVES! LOL! FOR REAL! So, I ask the Holy Spirit to help me treat others well, EVEN when they are being rude, annoying, and mean, etc... (I could go on and on...) :)

Don't be luke warm people. The bible says...

So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t want that to happen to me.

Don’t act one way at church and turn around the next day at school and have a potty mouth and treat others unkindly. Be an example to your peers. They shouldn’t have to ask if you’re a “Christian” they should see Christ ALL over you. By how you walk, talk and live your life!

The Lord wants us to live Holy. There WILL be a day when He comes back for us. Live everyday like it's your last. I want you to be ready when He comes so that we can have one BIG party in HEAVEN. I can't wait!! :)

Be BLESSED
Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment